A Self-assessment Tool for Behavioral Health Programs
COMPASS-EZ™ is designed to help individual programs organize a baseline self-assessment of recovery-oriented complexity (co-occurring) capability as the first step in a continuous quality improvement process in which the program designs an action plan to make progress. COMPASS-EZ™ is designed to help programs have a consistent method for measuring progress and continue the learning and change process by repeating the self-assessment at regular intervals. Most broadly, COMPASS-EZ™ is designed to be used globally by systems in transformation. All programs in the system can work in partnership, with each program using a shared process to make progress toward the collective vision of recovery-oriented complexity (co-occurring) capability across the whole system.
COMPASS-EZ™ is organized by sections that address aspects of a complexity (co-occurring) capable program’s design:
- Program Philosophy
- Program Policies
- Quality Improvement and Data
- Screening and Identification
- Recovery-oriented Integrated Assessment
- Integrated Person-centered Planning
- Integrated Treatment/Recovery Programming
- Integrated Treatment/Recovery Relationships
- Integrated Treatment/Recovery Program Policies
- Integrated Discharge/Transition Planning
- Program Collaboration and Partnership
- General Staff Competencies and Training
- Specific Staff Competencies
COMPASS-EZ™ is designed to be helpful to a vast array of programs:
- Mental health settings, including inpatient, outpatient, and other levels of care
- Addiction settings, including residential, outpatient, and other levels of care
- Adult and Older Adult services
- Child and Adolescent services
- Supportive services settings, such as homeless shelters, correctional settings, child welfare settings
- Other service settings, such as primary care programs
COMPASS-EZ™ is designed to produce a number of important organizational outcomes. COMPASS-EZ™ helps programs, agencies and systems:
- Communicate a common language and understanding of recovery-oriented complexity (co-occurring) capable services for individuals and families with complex needs.
- Understand the program baseline of recovery-oriented complexity (co-occurring) capability so that there is an organized and rational foundation for a change process toward this vision.
- Provide a common tool and shared process that can be used in any system for an array of diverse programs working collectively on complexity (co-occurring) capability development.
- Create a continuous quality-improvement framework regarding complexity (co-occurring) capability development for all types of programs in any system of care that serves individuals and families with complex lives.
Check out this PDF for a demo of Compass-EZ™.
HOW TO PURCHASE
Please contact us to obtain pricing and a licensing agreement.